Sunday, March 9, 2014

Korean Translator 19

   This week I started listening to Korean radio talks. They're nice because it's a good way to gauge my progress, and some are enjoyable to listen to. It helps me when I listen to the radio when I'm learning because they can help me stay focused and play nice music. I haven't had much trouble motivating myself to work. I try to learn from my mistakes, and I strove to not repeat the same mistakes twice.
 
   However, I was not able to accomplish as much as I would have liked this week due to a packed schedule. After a long orchestra event I worked on an English research paper on Edgar Allen Poe. Fortunately, this week seems pretty free for me to work after Monday. I worked through my schedule to clear up at least an hour daily for studies. I have also started making Korean friends on the Internet. There are many sites that are useful. I use Students of the World. It has a decent system for finding people with certain parameters to narrow a search to a specific hobby or group.

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/menu_penpals.php

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are always on the hunt for resources and have found some great ones. I feel like (although I don't know much about acquiring a second language) there is no better way to help yourself learn than to just immerse yourself in the language as much as possible. I also admire your ability to do some great time management and balance your busy life.

    ReplyDelete