Sunday, February 9, 2014

Korean Translator 16

   This week I made progress and returned to a normal routine. I found that learning a language isn't so hard if you put time into it and keep up the progress. It is really easy to procrastinate and lose progress. Luckily that pit is reversible, so I am on my way again. During this week I realized the importance of time. It seems like just last week that I was procrastinating in Polish thinking I had 8+ months and a simple task. The task of learning a language is much more daunting than I first believed, but I've also learned that it's possible. It's also taught me that most limitations for all humans stem from lack of effort or heart. If one puts the effort into the goal they have their hearts set upon, they can undoubtedly achieve their heart's desires. I think that if I can continue this I may be able to try Polish again during the summer, when I have much more free time.

2 comments:

  1. Parker,
    Glad to hear you're back on track! It's interesting that you and your classmates seem to be learning a lot about time management through these projects - it's a skill that will serve you well in life the quicker you learn it! I also really like the connection you've made between success and effort - I think it's something that many people overlook. The old saying must be true then, "If you set your heart on something, you can achieve it." Would you agree? I admire your goal of getting back to your original plan this summer of also learning Polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope that I can help others learn through my experiences.

      Delete